February 4, 2014

Snowjam 2014

It snowed (and iced)!! And, as usual, Atlanta shut down for about a week. This particular storm really did some damage - causing 16+ hour commutes home for most Atlantans and hundreds of abandoned cars throughout the city. Kids were stranded on their school buses and had to spend the night in their schools. It really was a disaster. But, I must say though that our little family all made it home safely and the kids loved sledding, building a snowman, and storing snow in the freezer (it's still there).

These pics are all from the first couple of hours of snowfall. I wish I had taken some the next day - it was beautiful! We got about 2 inches with blue skies etc. Our side yard became the neighborhood luge - we had about 25 kids racing their sleds. It was awesome!







No comments:

Post a Comment